- Bookshop: Bookshop Calvello Books (United States)
- Publishing year: 1999
- Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books, an imprint of Scholastic Press
- EAN: 0439064864
- Subjects: Children's Books
- Shipment weight: 750 g
- Binding: Hardcover
- Edition: Later printing of First edition
- Publishing place: New York, NY
- Conditions: Extremely gently rubbed corners, extremely mild rubbing to spine head and foot, extremely light soiling to boards, bright pages, tight binding, very mild rubbing to DJ spine head and foot, else Near Fine(+) in Near Fine(+) DJ.
Octavo in red multicolored DJ, viii, 341 pages, b&w illustrations ; 24 cm. Magic -- Juvenile Fiction. || When the Chamber of Secrets is opened again at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, second-year student Harry Potter finds himself in danger from a dark power that has once more been released on the school. || Contents: The worst birthday -- Dobby's warning -- The Burrow -- At Flourish and Blotts -- The whomping willow -- Gilderoy Lockhart -- Mudbloods and murmurs -- The deathday party -- The writing on the wall -- The rogue bludger -- The dueling club -- The polyjuice potion -- The very secret diary -- Cornelius Fudge -- Aragog -- The Chamber of Secrets -- The heir of Slytherin -- Dobby's reward. || This book is #2 in the Harry Potter series. || DJ is protected in archival mylar sleeve. || Blank ownership sticker to front pastedown.